Saturday, September 4, 2010

An interview with Stephen

Hi!
For tonight’s blog post I interviewed the oldest Neema House resident, Stephen. He is such a friendly person and even from these questions it’s easy to see that he is very selfless, optimistic, and an amazing role model for everyone here.

What is your name and how old are you?
My name is Stephen Mbugua. I am 15 years old.
What are your favorite subjects in school?
Kishwahilli, English, Science, and French
What are your hobbies?
I like football, reading, and watching movies like The Hulk.
What is your favorite thing about living at Neema?
I like reading storybooks, cooking, helping clean the house, and playing with the kids.
What is the hardest thing about living at Neema?
Everything is okay.
If you could pick one word to describe yourself what would it be?
Honest
How old were you when you came to Neema?
9, It didn’t take long to adjust. There were 4 kids living here and I was the oldest. I am still the oldest and it makes me feel good and happy. I like being the big brother to everyone. I tell them to do good things and tell them to obey. I like doing good things so that they can follow.
What are your plans for secondary school?
I’m in class 6. I would like to learn in a high school. I would like to go to another school outside for secondary school so that I can have more friends.
What part of Neema would you change if you had a lot of money?
I would buy a bus for the school so that the children could go to Dubai because in Dubai there are goods that cannot be bought here. I would buy chips, chicken, and lots of beef. If I had a lot of money for myself I would like to buy cars (a Hummer, Landrover, Double Kebin) and have a home in Mombasa because the climate is high and also there is a lot of rain fall. I like rain because it helps germination and farming.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
An engineer
Why?
If you become an engineer you know how to make engines and vehicles. You get a lot of knowledge and a lot of money. I am not scared of getting into university because I just want to learn and not look at how other people do their work. I only focus on my own work.
How long is your school day?
We start at 8 and have classes until five, sometimes 5:30. I like school because they teach subjects that help us in the future and also change our lives. I never get bored.
How much time do you spend doing homework?
Sometimes I spend 2 hours doing homework and studying. I am in grade 6.
If you had three wishes what would they be?
I wish I could have 5 children. Four boys and one girl.
I wish I could have a big house
I wish I could have 8 vehicles
I wish I could have animals like sheep and pigs
I wish I could have 2 wives so that if one of them dies, I can still have a wife
I wish I could have airplanes so that I could fly to other countries like USA so that I can visit other visitors who come to Neema

No comments:

Post a Comment